FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SACRAMENTO – The California International Affairs and Trade Development Interagency Committee convened today for its first public meeting. The Committee is chaired by Lt. Governor Eleni Kounalakis and vice-chair Lenny Mendonca, Business and Economic Advisor to the Governor. The Interagency Committee was established by Governor Gavin Newsom by Executive Order N-0819 on February 28th, 2019.
“Governor Newsom has made it a priority to engage in the world around us and amplify the voice of California on the world state,” Lt. Governor Kounalakis said. “The committee is tasked with coordinating international activity across state agencies.”
The committee is comprised of state secretaries, department directors, board and commission Chair’s which engage in International work. Members in attendance were:
- Mary Nichols Chair, California Air Resources Board
- David Hochschild, Chair, California Energy Commission
- Serena McIlwain, Undersecretary, California Environmental Protection Agency
- Karen Ross, Secretary, California Department of Food and Agriculture
- Wade Crowfoot, Secretary, California Natural Resources Agency
- Grace Koch, Secretary, Chief Deputy Director, Governor’s Office of Emergency Services
- Kate Gordon, Governor’s Office of Planning and Research
- Caroline Beteta, Chief Executive Officer, Visit California
Committee members reported on current international activity being done at the agency level, discussed priority markets and identified issue areas including in the area of climate change, trade and investment, and border issues.The next meeting of the committee is scheduled for August 27, 2019 in Sacramento.
For additional information about this committee, visit the Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development and the Office of Lt. Governor Eleni Kounalakis.